3 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tsp sesame seeds
Mango chutney, to serve
1 tbsp olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 medium carrots (350 g), peeled, coarsely grated
250 g fresh ricotta
100 g Greek feta, crumbled
½ cup frozen peas, thawed
½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place one sheet of pastry on a clean bench. Cut in half lengthways. Spoon ½ cup filling down one long edge of each pastry half in a sausage-shape. Roll-up to enclose. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Brush with egg. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Cut each length into eight. Place, seam-side down, on two large oven trays lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a hot oven (200C) for about 25 minutes, or until golden and puffed.
- Serve warm with mango chutney.
- To make filling, heat oil in a deep, medium frying pan. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add carrots. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened. Transfer to a large bowl. Cool. Stir in remaining ingredients.