2 smoked chicken breasts thinly sliced (400 g)
1 red capsicum thinly sliced
2 spring onions thinly sliced diagonally
1 Lebanese cucumber cut into thin matchsticks
1 carrot peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
200 g snow peas trimmed and thinly sliced lengthways
1 cup fresh Vietnamese mint leaves
8 large oakleaf lettuce leaves
16 22 cm rice paper rounds
Coconut & peanut dipping sauce
½ cup crunchy peanut butter (125 ml)
⅓ cup coconut milk (85 ml)
2 tblsps soy sauce (or gluten-free alternative)
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce (60 ml)
2 tblsps fresh lime juice
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Whisk until smooth. Add a little hot water to thin out the sauce if necessary.
- Combine chicken, capsicum, onions, cucumber, carrot, peas and mint in a large bowl.
- Place one rice paper sheet in a bowl of warm water for about 15 seconds to soften. Carefully lift from water. Place on a clean board. Pat dry with absorbent kitchen paper. Repeat with another sheet. Place on previous sheet, overlapping by a third.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf and 1 cup of the chicken mixture into the centre of the two sheets. Drizzle with 1 tblsp of the dipping sauce. Fold in sides of rice paper. Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining rice paper, lettuce, chicken mixture and sauce to make eight rolls.
- Cut each roll in half diagonally and serve with the remaining dipping sauce.