75 g bean thread noodles
1 large Lebanese cucumber, cut into matchsticks
½ cup fresh mint, leaves only
1 bunch garlic chives (75g) trimmed, cut into 5 cm lengths
24 cooked prawns (500g), peeled
6 large butter lettuce leaves, washed and trimmed
12 x 22 cm rice paper rounds
Fresh mint, to garnish
Nuoc Cham Sauce
¼ cup sweet chilli sauce
¼ cup lime juice
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tsp caster sugar
- Place noodles in a medium heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water. Drain well.
- Return noodles to bowl. Using kitchen scissors, cut noodles several times. Add cucumber, mint and chives.
- Split prawns in half lengthways. Cut lettuce leaves in half.
- Working with one rice paper sheet at a time, submerge it in a shallow dish of warm water for about 15 to 30 seconds, or until it begins to soften. Place sheet on a chopping board.
- At one end of the rice paper, place four prawn halves. Top with 1/3 cup noodle mixture and a lettuce leaf. Fold over bottom to enclose filling. Fold sides inwards, then roll-up tightly to enclose filling.
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Cut spring rolls in half. Serve with sauce.