1 kg baby red potatoes, halved
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 tsp mild paprika
2 cloves garlic, crushed
salt and pepper, to taste
200 g rindless shortcut bacon rashers, cut into 2cm pieces
2 cups frozen peas
100 g soft feta, crumbled
- Boil or microwave potatoes, until just tender. Drain. Place into a large bowl with combined oil, paprika and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Place in a large, roasting pan lined with baking paper.
- Cook in a moderate oven (180C), turning halfway through, for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat an oiled, medium frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 4 minutes, or until crisp. Remove. Drain bacon on absorbent kitchen paper.
- Cook peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water for about 2 minutes, or until tender. Drain. Return to pan. Coarsely mash.
- Toss bacon, peas and feta through potatoes. Transfer to a bowl.
- Serve salad warm.