800 g seedless watermelon
150 ml apple cider vinegar
40 g pine nuts
3 cups mixed salad leaves
1 radish, thinly sliced
1 eschalot, finely chopped
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp honey
100 ml extra virgin olive oil
80 ml truffle oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
seeds of 1 pomegranate, to serve
- Cut the watermelon into 3cm-thick slices, then cut these into large pieces and set aside.
- Put 80ml of the apple cider vinegar in a small saucepan and place over a medium-high heat. Bring to the boil and reduce for 3 to 5 minutes, or until about 1 tbsp of liquid is left. Add the pine nuts, toss to coat and transfer to a tray to cool.
- Place the salad leaves in a bowl of iced water for 5 to 10 minutes to make the leaves nice and crisp. Place the radish in a separate bowl of iced water for 5 to 10 minutes so that it becomes crisp as well.
- To make the dressing, place the remaining apple cider vinegar in a bowl with the shallot, mustard, honey, extra virgin olive oil and truffle oil and whisk together.
- When you are ready to serve, place the watermelon in a bowl. Drain and dry the leaves and radish, then add them to the watermelon. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with pine nuts, balsamic vinegar and some pomegranate seeds.