Melted butter, to grease
500 g white chocolate, finely chopped
120 g extra virgin coconut oil
100 g small white marshmallows
100 g coconut flakes plus extra to serve
200 g dried sour cherries
150 g rose Turkish delights (or other preferred flavour), cut into 3 x 1cm pieces)
100 g red glacé cherries
100 g salted macadamia nuts
100 g pistachio kernels
2 cups puffed amaranth or puffed rice
30 g edible dried rose petals
- Grease a 20cm square cake tin with melted butter and line with baking paper. Put chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. When about ²⁄³ of the chocolate has melted, stir once. Add coconut oil and stir a couple more times until chocolate and coconut oil melts. (Do not overmix or heat or chocolate will become grainy.) Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine marshmallows (reserving 2 Tbsp), coconut, dried cherries, Turkish delight, glacé cherries (reserving 2 Tbsp), macadamias, pistachios and amaranth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over marshmallow mixture and stir until combined. Transfer to prepared tin, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with reserved marshmallows, reserved cherries and dried rose petals.
- Set aside at room temperature and allow to stand for 2 hours or until set. Alternatively, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from tin, sprinkle over extra coconut, then cut into pieces and serve. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.