And while it’s considered relatively harmless to humans, gardening website The Spruce says ‘it is possible for susceptible people to have an allergy to this organism and it could trigger an episode of asthma or allergic rhinitis.’
They add that for edible plants - like the Discovery Garden herbs and vegetables - should be have slime mould removed.
When the soil or mulch dries out, the slime mould should be gone and your plants will be safe to eat when you harvest them,’ the site says.
Posting photos of her mouldy pots on the Woolworths Little Garden/Discovery Garden page, Kristin said she believed her pots had white mould and slime mould.
She writes: ‘This looks like white mould. White mould is dangerous to plants and is a disease. But it also looks like slime mould, which is not dangerous to plants. So I do not know which one it is. But i will try my luck by repotting these on their own and hopefully they will grow still.’