Issuing a warning to other shoppers on social media, Monique writes: ‘I purchased a salad from your Southport store on the Gold Coast this afternoon for my dinner. While eating the salad I bit down on GLASS and it was in my teeth and down my throat.
‘I am really shocked, I have only heard this type of stuff on the news, but I am shocked it's actually happened to me ... This is VERY BAD and I want to warn others of this danger.’
Monique posted multiple photos on on Facebook, sharing multiple images of what she claims is glass - describing the incident as ‘very worrying.’
Speaking to New Idea Food, a Woolworths spokesperson says they’re looking into the shopper’s claims.
‘At Woolworths we take food safety very seriously,’ the spokesperson said.
‘We have seen the customer’s report and we’re investigating the matter further.’