1 sourdough bread roll (85 g)
2 tbsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, crushed
200 g spaghetti
2 zucchini, coarsely grated
2 small red chillies, deseeded, finely chopped
½ cup frozen peas
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ cup shelf-stable finely grated Parmesan
1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
2 tbsp lemon juice
- Tear bread into 2cm pieces. Place in a bowl. Toss in half the oil and 1 clove of the garlic.
- Place bread in a heated frying pan over a medium heat. Turn frequently for about 5 minutes, or until golden and toasted. Transfer to a plate.
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in same frying pan. Add zucchini, chillies and remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add peas. Cook, stirring, for about 1 minute, or until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to pasta with parmesan, rind and juice. Toss to combine. Serve topped with bread.