cooking oil spray, to grease
½ (90 g) zucchini, coarsely grated
1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
¼ cup self-raising flour
125 g canned creamed corn
½ cup fresh baby spinach leaves, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
1 green shallot, thinly sliced
1 tsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
50 g Danish feta, crumbled
Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
Cooked bacon, poached eggs and lemon wedges, to serve (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Grease a 6-hole ¼-cup capacity doughnut tin with oil.
- Put zucchini in a fine sieve over sink and, using hands, squeeze out excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl and add egg, flour, corn, spinach, shallot, parsley leaves and feta, mixing well to combine. Season.
- Spoon ½ of the mixture into a ziplock bag or piping bag, snip a 2cm-wide tip, then pipe mixture evenly into tin holes, keeping centre tops clean. Bake for 15 minutes or until light golden. Cool in tin for 2 minutes, then run a plastic spatula or toothpick around sides of tin holes before turning out.
- Quickly wash and dry tin, regrease holes, then repeat Step 3 with remaining mixture in same piping bag to make second batch.
- Serve three warm fritters on each serving plate with bacon, poached eggs, lemon wedges and extra spinach.