300 g curly fettuccine
¼ cup olive oil
12 chicken tenderloins, trimmed
1 cup diced bacon
200 g punnet sliced button mushrooms
1 clove garlic, crushed
300 ml tub thickened cream
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
fresh parsley, to garnish
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add the chicken in two batches. Cook for about 3 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Remove. Cover chicken to keep warm.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan over a medium heat. Add bacon, mushrooms and garlic. Cook, stir occasionally for about 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add cream, parsley and 1/3 cup water. Bring to boil. Gently boil for about 2 minutes, or until slightly thickened. Season. Return chicken and any juices. Simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve chicken mixture over pasta. Garnish with parsley leaves.