1 ½ cups brown rice
1 large bunch fresh gai lan, trimmed
1 Tbsp vegetable oil
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 red onion, halved, sliced
1 Tbsp Thai seasoning
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
1 ½ Tbsp fish sauce
2 Tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- Cook rice in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water until tender. Drain well. Spread out over a large tray. Cover. Refrigerate until cold.
- Cut gai lan stems into 3cm lengths. If stems are thick, cut in half lengthways. Coarsely chop leaves.
- Heat half the oil in a large, non-stick wok over a high heat. Add eggs. Swirl to coat base of wok. Cook for 1 minute. Flip over omelette. Cook for a further 30 seconds, or until just cooked. Slide out onto a chopping board. Coarsely chop omelette.
- Heat remaining oil in same wok over a high heat. Add onion, seasoning and gai lan stems. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add rice. Stir-fry for a further 2 minutes, or until hot.
- Add gai lan leaves and tomatoes. Stir-fry until leaves are wilted. Stir through omelette and sauces. Serve.